Pages

Thursday, April 05, 2012

'Humor Sapiens'

It was my birthday earlier this week and my flatmates very generously gave me tickets to go and see a comedy show in Zurich. The host comedian, Marco Rima, is relatively well-known and successful in Switzerland I'm told. The show – entitled Humor Sapiens – was held in Das Zelt, a new venue in Zurich which has already been visited by a fair number of Swiss celebrities (including Miss Switzerland and singer, Baschi).


Marco Rima's comedy: Humor Sapiens (image source: Das Zelt)


It was my first time at a professional comedy gig, so I wasn't sure what to expect. A world of difference to the amateur – often cringeworthy if not awkward – Comedy Club nights in Aberdeen! Of course, being a Swiss comedian, the show was conducted in Swiss German – so I understood perhaps three quarters of the jokes told. Luckily Rima managed to cram in a joke a second, which meant that even considering my poor Swiss German, I was able to laugh right the way through it all!


Das Zelt – or The Tent – is new to Zurich. Das Zelt can also be found elsewhere in Switzerland.


I can see why Rima is so successful in Switzerland, he doesn't just tell jokes, he entertains. Either by singing with his backing band, 'dancing' (for lack of a more suitable word) or simply keeping the audience in stitches throughout the whole show.


An audience of around one thousand take their seats.


A very enjoyable evening indeed and a fantastic birthday present. Huge thanks to my flatmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment