Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Innsbruck, Austria

A mate of mine who also studies German is currently on exchange in Innsbruck. I decided to head over there this weekend, to catch up over a few beverages and see the sights of the city. Innsbruck is quite a scenic place, it lies right in the heart of the Tirolean Alps and is surrounded by snow-capped peaks.


Innsbruck is ideally located for skiers and climbers.


After the obligatory – and very welcome – Wiener Schnitzel and 1l Mass beer (a novelty after being used to the expensive 0.33cl Swiss Stängli), we went out to sample the night life with some other students who study there. Innsbruck may be a small city, but it has quite a decent night life – owing to the number of students living there. Or at least that was my impression, of course the fact that it was St. Patrick's Day may have had some role to play there.


The centre of Innsbruck by day.


It was my first proper trip to Austria this year, that is if you exclude the dinner last semester in Feldkirch that I had after having seen everything that's to be seen in the country of Liechtenstein. I really like Austria, indeed it's the very place that sparked my enthusiasm to learn German, over seven years ago...

Perhaps yet another Austrian excursion is in order when I have the time. Now, I've heard a lot about Vienna...

No comments:

Post a Comment